This recipe is inspired from Sweet Potato and Beetroot balls from Archana’s Kitchen. A quick, healthy, nutritious snack that looks beautiful and taste wonderful. I just described a kids-friendly recipe, didn’t I? I will be making these for halloween party coming up soon.
It tastes great with tangy tamarind chutney or hot-n-sour sauce or you can also try with salad with lots of greens!
A delicious healthy kids-friendly snack 🙂
- Sweet potatoes - 2 medium, peeled, cooked and mashed
- Beetroot - 2 medium, grated
- Onion - 1/2 small, finely chopped
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala - 1 tsp (optional)
- Cumin-Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Green chilis - 2-3 finely chopped
- Cilantro - 4-5 springs. finely choppped
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1-2 tbsp
- In a small pan, heat some oil and add chopped onions. Fry them until translucent.
- Add garlic paste, green chilies and let them fry for a minute.
- Add grated beetroot and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala and some salt. Mix well.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Heat Paniyaram Pan and add a few drops of oil in each pocket.
- Make small balls and cook them from both sides in the pan. It takes about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney.