My favorite summer pasta toppings include chunky vegetables, a good sauce and aromatic herbs and well seasoned al dante pasta. I like to keep the ratio of pasta and vegetables almost equal, so it’s a plate full of different colors, textures and flavors.
Spaghetti topped with marinara sauce and all your favorite vegetables!
- Speaghetti - 1/2 lb packet
- Pattpan Squash - 3-4 medium, sliced
- Red Bell Pepper - 1medium, sliced
- Mushroom - 10-12 sliced
- Broccoli - 10-12 small florets
- Marinara Sauce - 1 cup
- Basil - few leaved chopped, and for garnish
- Salt-Pepper - as per taste
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup (optional)
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, smashed
- Wash and chopped all vegetables as needed.
- Cook spaghetti as per instructions on its packet.
- In a big pan, heat some Olive oil and add smashed garlic. If you want take them off before adding other vegetables.
- Add other vegetables, and let them cook a bit. Add salt and pepper.
- Keep these vegetables aside. In the same pan add 1 tbsp of Olive oil and add marinara sauce and chopped basil leaves. Also add some italian seasoning if you like.
- Add cooked vegetables into the sauce and mix well.
- Let them cook little more and add cooked spaghetti and toss everything together.
- Serve hot, garnish with basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese.