Pesarattu – a famous dish from Andhra Pradesh. Not only easy to make but also easy to digest. I love these because they are so light and great for breakfast. Savory and nutritious.
An Andhra speciality
- Whole Moong - 1 cup
- Rice - 2 table spoon
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Green Chilis - 5-6, chopped finely
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Salt - to taste
- Hing - 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric - 1/2 tea spoon
- For Topping (Optional)
- Onion - 1/2 finely chopped
- Cilantro - 4-5 springs finely chopped
- Soak whole moong and raw rice in water for 6-7 hours
- Grind all ingredients together with soaked moong and rice to a coarse paste.
- Add water as needed to form dosa batter.
- On a hot tawa, pour a ladderful batter and make crispy dosa.
- If you like, add chopped onion and cilantro on top.
- Once the bottom side becomes golden brown, fold it in half and serve with ginger chutney.